Located in the Pearl River Delta, cities like Guangzhou, HongKong, and Shenzhen are considered the top 5 metropolis in China and the Top 100 international cities in the world. As a global trading center, these cities have been attracting visitors from home and abroad. Transportation among these cities is one of the busiest in China. However, you have plenty of options when you are traveling between them, read below our Guangzhou transportation guide.
1. Guangzhou to Shenzhen Transportation
The transportation between these two big cities is very convenient and efficient. Travelers can either take a train or coach to come and go between Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
a. Travel by Train
Four railway stations to take the train:
- Guangzhou East Railway Station: It is close to Guangzhou CBD, and is probably the most convenient station.
- Guangzhou Railway Station: Located in the west part of downtown Guangzhou.
- Guangzhou South Railway Station: Located in the south part of Guangzhou, this railway station is the nearest to Shenzhen. Reserve at least 1 hour to get to the station if you are in the downtown city and 2 hours if you are far away from Baiyun International Airport.
- Guangzhou North Railway Station: This station is in the far north of Guangzhou city. If you are in a downtown city, it will cost you about 2 hours to get here.
Traveling duration: Every day more than 240 pairs of trains run between Guangzhou and Shenzhen, including three kinds of trains: high-speed trains (G), intercity high-speed trains (C), and normal trains (K, T, or Z). The traveling time varies from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours.
For ticket booking, please feel free to contact us!
b. Travel by Coach/Bus
There are many coach/bus stations both in Guangzhou and Shenzhen with traveling duration form 1.5 to 2 hours.
Every day, hundreds of coaches run between Guangzhou and Shenzhen. The service time is from 05:35 to 22:00 in Shenzhen and from 04:00 to 23:00 in Guangzhou.
- Coach Station in Guangzhou (with coach lines to Shenzhen)
- Guangdong Passenger Transport Terminal (广东省汽车客运站)
- Tianhe Bus Station (天河汽车客运站)
- Guangzhou Guangyuan Coach Station (广园汽车站)
- Guangzhou Passenger Transport Station (广州汽车客运站)
c. Guangzhou to Shenzhen Baoan International Airport
First, take a train from Guangzhou to Shenzhen. Whichever railway station you arrive at, there will be a metro or bus that takes you to Shenzhen Baoan International Airport. The journey from the railway stations to Shenzhen Baoan International Airport may take about 1.5 hours.
- From Shenzhen Railway Station: Bus 330 or airport bus Line 1 directly takes you to Shenzhen Baoan International Airport. Alternatively, you can take Metro Line 1 to Chegongmiao Station and transfer to Line 11 to reach Airport Station.
- From Shenzhen North Railway Station: Take direct bus line E29 or take Metro Line 5 to Qianhaiwan Station and transfer to Line 11.
- From Shenzhen West Railway Station: Take bus line M562 to Daxin Station, then transfer to Metro Line 1 to Qianhaiwan Station, and later transfer to Metro Line 11.
- From Shenzhen East Railway Station: Take Metro Line 3 to Futian Station, transfer to Line 11. Alternatively, take Metro Line 5 to Qianhaiwan Station, transfer to Line 11.
2. Guangzhou to HongKong Transportation
Guangzhou does not border with Hong Kong. The most convenient way to travel between these two cities will be a bullet train. Of course, you can also go by air, take a ferry or coach.
a. Highspeed Train(Bullet Train)
Highspeed train from Guangzhou South Railway Station to Hong Kong West Kowloon Station has been put into service since Sept. 23, 2018. There are over 30 pairs of trains in service every day from 06:48 to 21:37 and the journey takes about 1 hour.
For ticket booking, please feel free to contact us!
b. Guangzhou–Kowloon through Train (广九直通车 or 港穗直通车)
The Guangzhou–Kowloon through train is running from Guangzhou East Railway Station to Hung Hom Railway Station in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Every day, there are nine pairs of trains running between Guangzhou and Hong Kong and the whole journey takes about 2 hours.
It’s convenient to travel if you live in downtown Guangzhou because Guangzhou East Railway Station is only a few kilometers away from there.
The departure time of train from Guangzhou East Railway Station are 08:19, 09:30, 10:37, 12:03, 14:04, 15:38, 17:33, 19:33, and 20:40.
It is suggested that you arrive at the railway station 45 minutes before the train departs, since it takes some time to get through the exit formalities, and the boarding gate closes 15 minutes before the train’s departure.
c. Air Transport
Taking flight is costly and is not swift to travel between Guangzhou and Hong Kong because you need to spend a lot of time waiting at the airport after you arrive there. This is a plan B in peak seasons.
Every day, there are several flights available for you to select from. You can book a flight for traveling in China Highlights.
d. Ferry Transport
Taking a ferry to Hong Kong is a good option. There are two boarding ports: Lianhuashan Ferry Terminal and Nansha Passenger Port.
Totally, there are 12 ferries in service from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. The ferry duration is around 70 – 110 minutes and the price is CNY 180/300 for standard class. In Hong Kong, the ferries stop at China Ferry Terminal and Sky Pier.
Guangzhou to Hong Kong Ferry Schedule
- Panyu Lianhuashan Port to China Ferry Terminal Departure time: 08:40, 10:30, 15:20 Voyage Time: 110 minutes
- Nansha Passenger Port to China Ferry Terminal Departure time: 09:20, 11:10, 16:00, 18:00 Voyage Time: 90 minutes
Guangzhou to Hong Kong Airport Ferry Schedule
- Panyu Lianhuashan Port to Sky Pier Departure Time: 08:20, 12:50, 16:20 Voyage Time: 100 minutes
- Nansha Passenger Port to Sky Pier Departure Time: 13:30, 17:00 Voyage Time: 70 minutes
The ferry terminals in Guangzhou are hard to reach as there are no metro lines connecting them. Lack of English services is also a big challenge. if our Guangzhou transportation guide not informale and If you’d like experience, just let us know and we will help you to make an arrangement.
e. Coach Transport
Coaches are available from Guangzhou to Hong Kong but they are not very convenient as it is hard to book tickets and find the boarding places if you do not speak Chinese. This is only an alternative if the coach departs from your hotel and you are traveling on a budget.
The voyage between Guangzhou and Hong Kong by coach takes about 3.5 hours. The coach will first arrive at Shenzhen, then cross the port and head to Hong Kong.
The coach lines are run by several companies. Below we give a brief introduction of the two most popular lines.
Shenggangtong Express Line (省港通快线)
There are 12 buses running between Guangzhou and Hong Kong. In Guangzhou, you can catch the bus in Huaxia Hotel, Jinhan Station, Dongfang Hotel, and New Tianhe Hotel.
On the way to Hong Kong, you can get off at Yau Ma Tei, Mong Kok, or Kwai Fong, and at all of these places, you can get on board the coach to Guangzhou.
Gangzhonglü Express Line (港中旅快线)
For Guangzhonglü Express Line, there are nearly 40 coaches running between Guangzhou and Hong Kong. The boarding places in Guangzhou are Poli Hotel, Dongshan Hotel, Garden Hotel, and Haitao Hotel.
In Hong Kong, the stops are Weijin Hotel, Tuen Mun Center, Hong Kong International Airport, Tsuen Wan Subway Station, Shun Tak Centre, Hong Kong Disneyland Park, and Wanchai Subway Station.
If you are still confused about the Guangzhou transportation guide, please feel free to contact us. We can make a complete tour plan for you.